Sunday, March 2, 2008

I've been tagged

20 years ago...March 1988 I was barely two years old. I loved to dress and undress myself (especially undress!). My mom said she could always find me from the trail of clothes I left behind me. I had white blond hair, big blue eyes and was supposedly very astute at flirting with people in the grocery store. I didn't know the meaning
of the word stranger. I loved music and after my brother's piano lesson I would get up on the bench and demand that it was my turn.

10 years ago...1998 I was in sixth grade. This was a very bad hair time for me. I cut my hair to chin length, and since my hair was thick and wavy short hair and sixth grade just didn't work well for me.

5 years ago: March 2003 was one of the hardest times for me that I can remember. I was a junior in high school and my very best friend (whom I was also in love with-and still am to this day!) left on his mission. As if this wasn't devastating enough, my Grandfather passed away only a few days after he had been gone. At that point my group of friends had started to drift apart somewhat and my best girl friend had started hanging out with some other girls more than me. Needless to say, I felt very alone and very sad. It was at this point that I really learned how to turn to my Heavenly Father and feel his loving care for me.

3 years ago: 2005 I was having a great time my first year in college. I had great roommates was playing the piano with the symphony for the university oratorio. It was also at this time that the earlier mentioned missionary came home. This was a somewhat traumatic experience at first, but showed me right away that I was as much in love with him as ever. However, because of my stubborn nature it took me quite a while to admit that.

1 year ago... 2007 I was newly pregnant, not feeling well, trying to start getting my Senior recital music ready. Although it was one of my hardest semesters it was also really good because towards the end I turned myself around and reevaluated what I was doing in college and with music and was able to again remember why I was there and how much I loved what I was doing.

So far this year...2008 We moved into a new apartment and started to go to a new ward which has been such a blessing to us. I've met some really great girls that have been dragging me to go exercise with them in the mornings. I have been trying harder to write in my journal daily, read my scriptures and say meaningful prayers. I have been watching my son grow and develop daily and have grown more and more in love with my husband every day.

Yesterday I... went to the absolutely beautiful, newly dedicated Rexburg temple to do an endowment session. It was really wonderful and I was so grateful that Tim was able to come watch William so that Chris and I could go. Other than that, I mostly just stayed at home, cleaned house and played with my son.

Today I... Went to church, made some desert bars, took a very interrupted nap since I was trying to keep William happy and sleep at the same time (hmmmmmm), went to dinner at some friends from the ward, put Will to bed, and have been trying to write this and discuss Chris's seminary lesson with him ever since.

Later tonight... I am going to bed (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Tomorrow... Workout at 6am, teach piano lessons and have FHE

This year I hope to.... figure out how to help William sleep all night, spend a lot of time outside, finish organizing and decorating my home, work up the courage to try some craft projects I have in mind, grow spiritually and become the best wife, mother, friend, sister, and daughter I can be.

I tag.... Ashley and Becca

Whew-made it through

3 comments:

Rebecca Rose said...

That was fun to read! I enjoyed learning new things about you.
I did the exact same thing with my hair in 6th grade and it sure didn't look good! That's before I knew that I had wavy hair so it was just poofy and ugly!

I hope you are successful in getting William to sleep all through the night(or at least most of it!) and everything else you hope to accomplish!

Sean, Jessi and Jaydn Coletti said...

Wow bita- what a great writer you are! I love reading your blog, and the entry about your past. I laughed becuase your Monday is a lot like mine....work out, teach piano, FHE....
Love Jessi

Katherine said...

I just love you! This was so fun to read. Thanks!