Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mommy's Big Helper

When I do the dishes I usually have the choice between waiting until William is asleep, or doing the dishes with a boy standing at my legs crying to be held. Yesterday I really wanted to do the dishes while he was awake, but was definitely not in the mood for a whiny child. So I figured-why not? I'll just let him help. So I rolled up his pant legs and sleeves, set him on the counter and gave him a scrub brush. It was a hit!!! He had an absolute blast, and even though he was completely drenched and soapy by the time and there was soap all over the counter, it was totally worth it to have such a happy boy. It was really fun to see him help me scrub the dishes, the sink, the counter and anything else he could reach. I finally grabbed the camera after I was done. Just so you know, he didn't actually stick his feet in the water until after all the dishes were done.


After I was done and had drained the water, I turned on the faucet to rinse out the soap suds, and William immediately decided that was his cue to go all the way into the sink. He had so much fun playing in the faucet and letting the water run on him while he scrubbed the other sink.

It's times like these that just make me love being a mother!!

In other William news, this morning William was sitting on the floor in the middle of the living room, and Chris was sitting on the couch. Chris said, "William, stand up and walk to me." And guess what William did? He stood up (without help) and walked to Chris. He's totally been playing us!!!

6 comments:

Rebecca Rose said...

Helping wash the dishes....walking, he's totally not old enough for all of that!!
Those pictures of him are way too cute! Such an adorable boy. His hair sure is growing in now. When Elliot was his age, he has already had 6 or7 haircuts! (I didn't intentionally keep track of his haircuts, it just happened-ha!)

The Cook Clan said...

What a good idea. I have the same problem when I try to make dinner.

Haylee said...

Maybe you should get him a waterproof diaper-cover and let him help all the time!! Oh, and that is hilarious that he just got up and walked today...maybe that's what Miriam will do. As it stands right now, she won't be walking for another year; she's not the least bit interested.

BriANDaleen said...

He is sooo cute! And, getting so big...man, I remember when he was just a newborn!

Halsey said...

Oh for cute! Way to get him trained young :) What a smart boy to just stand up and walk to his daddy. You have such a cute family!

Johnsons said...

I hope you don't care that I looked at your blog. I just wanted to say hi. Your little boy is a doll.