Saturday, June 20, 2009

Word on the Street is...

We are still alive! Except for the small post the other night, I haven't posted in a while for various reasons-the main one being that we had a months worth of computer troubles. We actually thought we had lost everything on our hard drive, but luckily Chris did have everything backed up until last October, and some of the more memorable things since then. What a blessing! I think I might have died if we had lost all of our pictures from the last three years! So anyway, I kind of got out of the habit of having a functioning computer and haven't really gotten back into it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But I thought that I would start trying to blog again, and what better to start with than a fun trip to Yellowstone last weekend?!!

Chris's family has a time share and were able to book a penthouse condo for pretty cheap since it was last minute. It was super luxurious! It was really fun and relaxing to spend the weekend in West Yellowstone and all day Saturday driving through Yellowstone Park.
Chris and William getting ready to go down the big slide

Williams adorable cousins Trey and Jain

In Yellowstone Park: Two baby deer that we saw. It's funny that they are sitting in the exact same position. It looks like the picture is copied, but it's not. There was also an elk really close, but I can only add so many pictures.

Jain and William enjoying the outdoors

A herd of buffalo that came right past us on the road. It was fun to get to see the baby buffalo.

The three of us in front of Old Faithful. Too bad William's head is kind of blocked by the stroller! If only he would grow!

Everytime we were near water William would beg to go fishing, and since we have to take his fishing pole everywhere with us, we decided we would let him have his chance. Of course, he isn't actually fishing, but he sure thinks he is! And he LOVES it!!

This is at the fish hatchery on the way home. If you look closely you can see a fish jumping. William loved watching them and didn't want to leave.

In other updatish kinds of news:
Chris: Just started a new job working for StarWest Satellites. He installs satellites and does service calls all over South Eastern Idaho. Currently he is still training so he has been going out with another guy to learn how to do things, but after next week he will probably be on his own, which is scary and stressful, yet nice. He thinks he will really enjoy it once he really figures out what he is doing.
As for long term plans, he is looking into going into Physical Therapy and has done some job shadowing at a physical therapy place here in Rexburg. As soon as his job schedule normalizes he will start doing some volunteer work there because that will help him decide if it's for sure what he likes, and because you have to have at least 100 volunteer hours before you can apply to a PT program. If he decides he does really want to do it, then he will have a couple more semesters here at BYUI for prerequisites, and volunteer time, and then we will be applying to PT schools. He is also still the Elder's Quorum president in our ward, so that sure keeps him busy. And, of course, he fishes whenever he gets the chance!

Bita: Well, I am definitely getting bigger! It's hard to believe that in a little over two months we will have a baby. Crazy!! In the meantime I am keeping myself pretty busy with the normal household duties, chasing around a toddler who doesn't stop moving, teaching piano lessons etc. I am also currently preparing to do a recital on July 1st with my friend Halsey who plays the violin. We decided that we needed to have a reason to practice since it's hard to do once you are out of school and have other things going on. We are playing some really fun music including a Beethoven Sonata and the Flight of the Bumblebee (which, for the record, goes ridiculously fast). I am really excited about it (and stressed and nervous since it's hard to get a chance to practice without William) and it has been really fun for me to be playing some more challenging music again. Anyone who would like to come is more than welcome! July 1, 6:00 pm at the Piano Gallery in Idaho Falls.
I also just got called to be the 1st counselor in the Relief Society presidency, so I am trying to figure out what the heck I am doing there. I guess Heavenly Father decided I was just way to comfortable being a ward organist, so he decided to throw me WAY out of my comfort zone. It sure will stretch me, but stretching is good I guess :).

William: William continues to grow up at an amazing rate (well actually, in physical size he grows really slow-but you know what I mean!). He says new words daily and I am constantly amazed at the things he understands and the connections that he can make. His latest two words that he picked up entirely on his own are Circle (yes, he understands what it is too), and Violin (which he says Vio). He is completely obsessed with fishing (it must run in his blood) and I am convinced that he thinks anytime Chris leaves that he is going fishing. He likes to tell me all about how daddy goes bye bye in the car with the poles and the flies and the net to the water (wa wa) and the fishies. It's quite adorable. I have tried explaining that daddy goes to work and to meetings, and other places but I don't think he's convinced.
William also loves reading books and loves being sung to. He will tell you when he wants you to sing by saying "Oh-E-Oh-E-Oh-E-Oh." It's so cute and pretty much irresistible. For some reason his favorite song is currently "My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean." I sang this to him once when he kept asking for more songs and I was running out of ones off the top of my head, and for some reason he loves it. It's so cute when he says "oh-e-oh-e-oh bonnie!" although it can get a little old.

Baby Cutler #2: Well, this isn't really like me, but I am going to go ahead and say that we are pretty positive this baby's name is Isaac Stephen Cutler. Both Chris and I really feel like we have a little Isaac in my belly and we call him that all the time. It wasn't that way at all with William. We knew we liked the name, but we weren't sure that he WAS William, even until a little while after he was born. This one we just know is Isaac. So unless we have a different baby than we think we are having, that's who he is. He moves CONSTANTLY!!!! Seriously, I was in the temple yesterday and one of the ordinance workers commented on how "the little one was sure making his presence known." She could SEE him wiggling all around. I feel like he is continually changing his position completely in my stomach, or trying to just push through to the outside. It makes me somewhat apprehensive to consider that it looks like I am going to have two very active little boys. AHHHHHH!!! What am I getting myself into?

Whew!! That was really really long. I guess that's one way to get myself back into blogging. If anyone read this far you deserve a cookie!

10 comments:

Haylee said...

I want my cookie! Just kidding. :) Holy moly, Bita, in the picture you posted, I can hardly even see that you're pregnant. Seriously, if I didn't know you were already, the picture would not have given me a clue. Anyway, it seems like you are busy but having lots of fun. I hope to make it to your recital (depends on Miriam, of course). Oh, and you'll be a great RS counselor.

Rebecca Rose said...

I'm glad you posted a long update! I've been wondering a lot what you guys have been up to and was getting ready to email you.

Chris would be really good as a physical therapist. He actually reminds me very strongly of a couple physical therapists I worked with (as a CNA) and all the residents loved working with those therapists the most. It's a really interesting field too, I think he's enjoy it.

Hopefully your baby is just squirmy and not too demanding once born. I definitely can't believe your so close to having your baby! I'm really curious how much he'll look like William. Cute name choice!

William is getting too big, he shouldn't be talking yet. That's so cute that he loves fishing so much. If you ever get any videos of him talking it would be cute to see.

Long updates are always good. Sorry for the novel-length comment!
Love you guys!

Kelsey said...

Yay! I get a cookie! It's so good to hear that you guys are doing well. We will be in Idaho Falls the first weekend in August so we should get together. When you see Halsey give her my email address and tell her to invite me to her blog so I can keep up with them too!! I wish I could come to your recital. How fun!!

Unknown said...

Hey guys this is Steven and Becca we didn't see your comment for ever. We're just starting to get the hang of bloging. It was good to hear from you and good to see your blog. William has gotten big thats fun. We are excited to become parents our selves. we enjoyed your blog thanks for finding us.

The Cook Clan said...

THat sounds like lots and lots of fun. Your pics are so cute!!!

Halsey said...

How funny about baby Isaac wiggling in the temple! I have a feeling our little boy will be like that when he gets bigger; right now I'm the only one that knows he's making his presence known! Thanks a million for the help with the fishing tackle. Mark loved it!

Gurr Family said...

Looks like you owe lots of cookies:) Good luck with your job Chris. That is awesome that you are doing a concert to keep up with your amazing piano abilities. Good luck with that.
Trey and Jane are huge from the last time I saw them. And William is adorable.

Wildfire said...

Change it to Steven instead of Stephen, and that name is golden :)

annieq84 said...

Bita!!! What a great post with all the information! This is Annie by the way and I figured it's about time we take our friendship to the next level... blogging! I know- it's a big step. Anyway, I think you're great! See ya on Sunday!

Parker and Alexis said...

Hey Bita! I just wanted to tell you that it was so fun to see you at the recital!!! You played so beautifully...