Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Springtime is coming!

Today was an absolutely beautiful day. Chris ended up not having to work, and the weather was so nice that we decided we had no excuse not to spend time outside together. And what better way to spend time outside than to go fishing? :)


I think William and Chris fishing together is the sweetest thing ever. William still absolutely loves everything about fishing, and was so excited that we went today because he hasn't been able to go fishing in a really long time.

Isaac and I were there too, although we didn't do much fishing. We mostly just came for the company. I actually really like fishing, but it's pretty hard with a baby on your front who likes to grab at everything and makes it really awkward to cast. But we had a lot of fun walking around, enjoying the sunshine and taking pictures.


In this picture William is reeling in the one catch of the day. A big ugly sucker! I decided not to post pictures of it. Even William, who usually loves to hold the fish that he catches didn't want a whole lot to do with it :).

After spending so much time outside (and no nap) and the other things we did today, William was completely exhausted and fell asleep while Chris was reading to him. And everyone knows that holding a sleeping child makes you very sleepy yourself, so Chris succumbed as well. I thought they were pretty cute together.

And here's Isaac-finally asleep. Notice the arms out of his blanket. Lately he has been able to get out of his swaddle no matter what I do, but not sleeping very well because he wakes himself up moving his arms around. Well, the last couple of nights he finally seems to be doing better at sleeping with his arms out. I think it's really cute that he likes to hold on to the fringes on his blanket because William does the exact same thing with his.

Well, I think I'm off to join the sleeping masses. Good night!

3 comments:

Rebecca Rose said...

You have confirmed my suspensions that Sapphira has super strength. She can get her uncontrollable arms out of her incredibly tightly wrapped blanket in about 10 seconds. We keep retying though because eventually she gets tired enough and will stop trying and finally go to sleep. Then it's always weird when we go check on her and her arms are out. I want to know how she does it. Anyway, this wasn't supposed to be about her.

Looks like a fun day of fishing. Not to state the obvious but William and Chris are so cute fishing together. I love how much William likes fishing. You and Isaac look cute together too. :)

Gurr Family said...

What a fun day. I love days like that.

Halsey said...

KJ gets his arms out every night. After a couple of weeks he started to sleep just fine. I am trying to start training him to sleep without his legs swaddled too, like with a blanket just on top of him. Anyway, those kids are too cute! I really miss William. Do you want to do another recital?