Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas 2010

We spent Christmas morning at our house with my family this year. My mom was called to a birth late the night before and ended up being there all day (bummer!) but we still managed to have a good time even though we missed her. Here is Christmas morning in pictures.





(Yes-Issac got a baby boy doll for Christmas, and yes-I vetoed the battle axe that Chris insisted was necessary to counteract this gift, and yes-Isaac absolutely loves his baby)

(Yes I do have tape holding my glasses together. Just a note--never let Isaac get near your glasses. He has managed to break 3 pairs so far.)





We spent Christmas afternoon at Chris's parent's house and had a lot of fun, but in all the festivities didn't really manage to get pictures--except this one.

I somehow managed to stay up until 5 am Christmas morning (the first non child caused all-nighter I have pulled in a LONG time!). By the afternoon I was exhausted and this was my unsuccessful attempt to get a quick nap in before we started opening presents. Luckily I completely zonked out later and Chris took care of the kids so I could sleep (not that it would have made that much difference with how tired i was).

Later that evening (around 9:00) my mom finally got home and we were able to give my Mom and Dad their present. My poor Dad had hardly had any presents to open since we had one for him and Mom from all the kids and we insisted that Mom be there when it was opened. He had all day to think up all sorts of things it might be, but I think we still surprised him.

Watch their reaction here. My Mom had been at births the last two nights with no sleep for at least 48 hours, so she was slightly delirious. I think they liked their present though, :) and we are all very excited for a Family Reunion on the Oregon coast this summer!

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas this year!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a fun Christmas! I loved the gift for your parents! What a good idea!

Halsey said...

I LOVE that you got Isaac a baby. Maybe KJ could borrow it...hahaha!