Friday, June 20, 2008

Bouncer

I love this video of William in his little bouncer\plaything. I especially love it when he is talking to himself and his high pitch squeaks. As you will see in the video he really really likes to bang his toys on things, and to make as much noise and move as much as possible. He is such a funny little kid because he gets very intense and serious sometimes, and then is just a happy giggly smiley little boy at other times. This video shows quite the spectrum. Sorry it's so long, but I just couldn't leave anything out.



Lately William has started being much more mobile on his stomach. I taught him how to sleep on his stomach so that I wouldn't have to swaddle him anymore (although we still have to kind of hold him down before he will fall asleep) and in the few days since then he has started bringing his knees and feet under himself and pushing himself around backward. This is a lot of progress for a child who has always screamed when we put him on his stomach. It's still not his favorite position to be in, but it's getting better.

My very favorite thing that he has been doing, however, is DANCING. He started it yesterday and it is the cutest thing in the whole world!! He will shake his head back and forth and bounce up and down when music that he likes comes on. He seems to be drawn to guitar music with upbeat rhythms and singing. However, having said that, he did start doing it when I tried to put him down for a nap and turned on his little fish aquarium that plays lullabies. It wasn't quite as endearing that time because it meant that he wasn't much in the mood for taking a nap, but oh well. :) I'll take the dancing! When I can get a good video of him doing it I will post it.

1 comment:

Rebecca Rose said...

Wow, his coordination has really improved a lot. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I haven't seen him in a few months!
It's so adorable to see him being more intentionally mobile. I especially liked near the end of the video, the close up with him smiling so cute. He has such pretty eyes! Cute boy!