Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You woke me up to talk about fishing?!!!!

So I finally have a funny story to tell about Chris. It's almost always me who does funny things in my sleep or says something dumb to give him something to tease me about, so I really cherish it when he does something that I can give him a hard time about. So here's the story-

I was sick all last week-started with a sore throat on Sunday, fever, headache, achy body Monday, sinus infection Tuesday and Wednesday, and the to top it all off the stomach flu all Wednesday night and Thursday. Then on Friday Chris got the stomach flu, so between trying to help him be comfortable, and William's normal sleep difficulties I was up all night. So, needless to say, I had a whole week of not very good sleep, and then to top it all off William did not sleep AT ALL Saturday night. Well, he slept some before I went to bed, but about an hour after I went to bed he was up pretty much the whole rest of the night. I must say that it was the longest, most miserable night of my life.

Sunday morning I had been asked to substitute for the organist in Sacrament Meeting at 9:00, but because of the crazy week I had not had a chance to practice at all. And let me tell you-I am not proficient at the Organ!! So I left William at home with Chris who was still recovering, got there at 8:30 with eyes that seemed almost swollen shut from no sleep and crying (because of no sleep) and went through the hymns as best I could before people started showing up. By the time Sacrament Meeting was over I was tense and achy and feeling sick all over again.

I did get a little nap time that day but by the time Sunday night rolled around I was so exhausted that I thought I was going to die. I got into bed by 10:00, and sank blissfully into sleep. And-thank heaven, William slept very well.

But then, in the middle of the night while I was FINALLY deep in sleep, I suddenly noticed Chris talking quite loudly in my ear. Our conversation went something like this:

Chris: I think you can go past
Me : What?!
Chris: I think you can go past!
Me: What?!
Chris: I think you can go past Ansard
Me: Chris, are you awake?
Chris : (very convincingly) Yes!!
Me: What are you talking about?
Chris: Fishing
Me: YOU WOKE ME UP TO TALK ABOUT FISHING?!!!!!!!
Chris: Sorry

I was SO upset and annoyed at him that I just rolled over as far from him as I could and buried my head in the blankets. I really thought that he was awake and that he just couldn't sleep so he wanted to talk to me about places to go fishing. (This is NOT and unreasonable assumption, by the way)

In the morning when we talked about it I found out that the only part he remembered was me asking him if he was awake. And, like we all do when we are half awake he remembers thinking that he had to really sound like he was. However, he says he doesn't remember anything else. So now I get to keep teasing him about how he woke me up to talk about fishing.

Sorry this was such a long story-it's probably not even funny to anyone else, but I still chuckle every time I think about it.

3 comments:

Rebecca Rose said...

Haha! That is really funny! I think many married couples can relate. That gave Daniel and I a good laugh.
We hope you all are feeling well. It sure is awful to all be sick and/or not sleeping well at the same time. Hopefully this week will be much better for you!!

Katherine said...

That is just too funny! Sweet Chris and his brain that doesn't EVER stop thinking about fishing.

Erin said...

HI Bita! This is Erin Payne. I found your blog through Kelsey. It is so fun to see your family. William is absolutely adorable. He's just older than my little Celia. You can find a link to my blog on Kelsey's page.