Friday, March 27, 2009

Projects

Wow! I think two posts in one day might be a record for me! I just wanted to show some pictures of a couple projects I completed recently.

First: The nursing apron (aka Hooter Hider :))


(No-there isn't a baby in there! Gotcha!)



I have been wanting to try this one for a while since my next door neighbor has made quite a few and they have turned out great. I am really excited to have this as a gift option since the overall cost is about 4 dollars (depending on how expensive the fabric is--could be less!) and my first attempt where I was kind of just figuring it out only took me about an hour and a half. Next time it should be even faster! I was very pleased with the result.

Next: Curtains

I would post some more up close ones, but for now this will have to do since my computer is being kind of dumb and I've already uploaded several of these pictures twice.
I wanted to make curtains forever, and finally figured out what I wanted, so I did it! They aren't perfect, but I was pretty happy about the way they turned out. Can you tell that I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to putting color in my decorating? Just so you know, however, the curtains aren't just bright white, like the picture makes them look. They are actually an off white linen, so I love that they have texture and a little bit of warmth. It was nice also, because my parents just replaced all their windows and put in french doors in the back, so my mom had a curtain rod she no longer needed. We just painted it to match our entertainment center (No, it is not bright white either, it actually is a dark white with a green tint) and voila!

7 comments:

Rebecca Rose said...

I love the nursing apron, so cute! So much better than trying to keep a blanket in place. Oh and in that first picture it totally looks like your holding a baby.
Very good job with the curtains. They look very nice. Glad you've been able to get some projects done. And I'm glad you posted TWO entries in one day! We love hearing/seeing what you guys are up to.

E said...

So cute! I can't believe you made the curtains- I was admiring them when I was over there the other day! Great job. I think you should teach me how to make a nursing cover. =)

The Cook Clan said...

I love the pictures. The nursing aprons look awesome. I really want one for my next. So you are expecting....? That is so exciting!!! How far along are you?

Anonymous said...

I should've checked your blog before coming over. NICE DRAPES!!

Gurr Family said...

I want one of those. I see mommies everywhere with them. I might just have to have you help me make one. And I love the curtains!

Wildfire said...

I love the hooter hider. My sister recently got one, and every time I see it, I can't help but to laugh my head off not only at the sight of it, but also the name.

Anonymous said...

show those tits