Wednesday, April 1, 2009

18 Month Stats

Height: 30 1/4 inches
(Short!)
Weight: 21 lbs. 10 oz.
(Light!)
Head: 18 3/4 inches
(Super brainy for his size!)

I had to document this because I think this is the first (and may be the only) time my child has been to the doctor for a well-baby check on time. It's just something I struggle with-perhaps because he is pretty much just a healthy kid so I don't feel super pressed to take him in. Or maybe I'm just negligent :).

It's actually pretty funny because even though William is in the 4th percentile for weight he actually seems pretty chunky because he is so short (5th percentile). He definitely isn't what you would call skinny.

One other thing I thought was funny was that at 18 months they do an autism screening (just a series of questions) and my pediatrician said "I guess we can go ahead and do the autism screening, but I can already tell you, he definitely isn't autistic." It made me laugh.

It's crazy to me that he is already a year and a half! Where does the time go?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, immunizations...gotta love 'em!

BriANDaleen said...

I can't believe he's 18 months already! Wow, he's now graduated to nursery! Crazy.

Rebecca Rose said...

He weighs just a little less than Elliot. I love the picture of him, SOOOO cute!!

The Cook Clan said...

Be very glad you don't go to the doctor alot. Mckenna has had four ear infections in 2 1/2 months. Poor kiddo. We are taking her to the ENT doc this week. He is such a cute kid!

Amanda said...

hey, you guys have a blog! its the kelleys from the ward. that william is so cute, how is he 18 months already?!