Monday, February 22, 2010

Memories

As I was going through a bookshelf this afternoon looking for my study journal, I came across a journal I forgot I had started. It was my "Date Book" that I started when I turned 16. In it I made a record of the dates I went on--who I was with, who else was there, what we did, and how fun I thought it was. I only kept it up for about 6 months, but it was fun to go back and read the entries. Of the 20 dates that I recorded, 9 were with Chris, and all of the ones I went on with him were marked as being "SO fun, a PERFECT date, a BLAST" etc. I thought I would share a couple of the entries.

Please excuse run-on-sentences and grammar. I was 16 and giddy about boys :)

January 4, 2002
I went with Chris Cutler, and Stephanie Alder went with Tom Duncan. It was SO fun. We made a fort at Chris's house and watched Dumb and Dumber and ate pizza. Then we played nintendo and foosball. We played Uno then we got in a HUGE snowball fight.

March 23, 2002
Hosannah [a concert]. I went with Chris and Stephanie went with Tom. We went to Rexburg to see Hosannah. It was so good! Then we went back to my house and roasted marshmallows and starbursts :) over candles. Then we just messed around, played games, played the piano...etc. It was a WAY fun date! Chris is so much fun to be with! (By the way, this date was girl's choice.)

April 3, 2002
I went with Chris and Dani went with Craig to see The Count of Monte Cristo. Craig called and asked me, but said the date wasn't with him. Then he picked me up, blindfolded me and drove around till I was lost. Then we ended up at Chris's house and Chris had brought Dani. They switched. Then we popped popcorn and brought pop and cookies and smuggled them into the theater. I had a BLAST!

May 11, 2002
Commencement-I went with Chris and Gus took Mandy Miller at night, but in the morning Chris picked me up at 5:00 am and we went with Tom and Kim Englis to Peterson Park and watched the sunrise and ate breakfast. Then we took sidewalk chalk and decorated everyone's driveways. Afterward we saw Chris Young and Kurt going to pick up their dates, so we followed them to Craig's house where they all ate breakfast and then we played games. They took us home at around 10:00. Chris and Gus and Mandy picked me up at around 5:45 pm and we went to get pictures. Then at 7:00 we went to Chris's house for dinner. It was SO cool! They took us downstairs and they had a candlelight dinner with christmas lights around it. There was a rose at mine and Mandy's place for us. We ate dinner and Chad (Chris's brother-in-law) played the guitar for us. Then we went to the dance. It was SO much fun. It was one of the best dates I've ever been on! After the dance we went to the park and ate ice cream. It was an awesome date!

May 24, 2002
I went with Chris and Kaley went with Chris Y. to see Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. It was a ton of fun. Afterward Chris and I stood on my porch and talked for a long time. It was great.

5 comments:

Haylee said...

Ha! I love it!! Keeping a date journal is such a fun idea. If only I'd known about it 8 years ago. ;)

Danielle Bateman said...

I know, I wish I would have as well. We had the best guy friends in the whole world - that came up with the best date ideas ever! So fun to remember :)

Tim, Niccole, and Neva said...

Hahaha that is the cutest thing! How cool that you have that!

Wildfire said...

Stood on my porch and talked for a while.

So they called it "talking" back then, did they? ;)

Parker and Alexis said...

These are so sweet. That is so fun that you have them written down! Your little boys are so cute!!!