Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Intimidation

Honestly...I've been avoiding blogging. Why? I'm intimidated by Christmas.

But today I'm feeling a desire to ramble about random things. Maybe I'll decide to blog about Christmas someday, but today is not that day.

Random #1: I love Audrey Hepburn.

I don't know why, but she has always held some sort of fascination for me. I think she is absolutely lovely. One of my good friends from high school is an amazing artist and she drew me a picture of Audrey and framed it. I love it. I'm not sure if the reason that My Fair Lady is one of my favorite musicals is because I really like the musical, or just because Audrey is in it.

Note: I'm pretty sure that I really do like the musical for it's own sake

Random #2: William is NOT color blind. We figured this out today. He can definitely tell the difference between colors, he just doesn't really care what the names are.

Random # 3: I'm starting to train for a marathon.
Not sure if I will run the Teton Dam Marathon in June, or just run the half marathon, and then run the Logan Marathon in September. Either way, I'm excited about it.

Random #4: January-March is the worst part of the year, with February as the worst of the worst. I'm glad it's a short month, because as it is it still manages to seem twice as long as other months.

Random #5: I am really excited to do our taxes this year. That's a first for me. Hopefully I will be able to get them done this weekend.

Random # 6: I really want a King-Sized bed.

I do not want to PAY for a king-sized bed, but I do really want to own one. And sleep on one. A nice one. It just sounds so luxurious! Plus, I am sick of being deliriously tired in the middle of the night and bringing Isaac to bed to nurse, and then ending up with approximately 4 inches of room for myself because I'm too lazy (aka scared he'll wake up) to put him back in his crib.

Note: This has been happening less often lately because I finally decided that it's worse to be in bed then it is to be out of bed. Being in bed gives the impression that I should be able to sleep, and so it's just cruel when I can't. When I'm out of bed I don't really expect to be able to sleep, so I'm not disappointed.


Random #7: Isaac is wearing these pajamas today (yes, he is still in his pjs) that have little cuffs on the feet that come just to the end of the ball of his foot, so his little toes stick out. It's the cutest thing ever. It makes me want to eat him up.

7 comments:

painty (Melinda) said...

Hee hee- I haven't posted about Christmas either. Or even Thanksgiving actually.

Gurr Family said...

You should talk to Brandi about the marathon. She, my mom and my dad did the Teton dam half last year and want to do another one this year after the baby comes.
Good luck with that...As for me I would rather eat chocolate as I am cheering them on.

Kelsey said...

I love this post! I too absolutely adore Audrey. I have lots of pictures of her that were framed in my room growing up and now I'm not sure what to do with them...Chris isn't really into Audrey. :) I love My Fair Lady and Roman Holiday is also a favorite.

PS I'm glad you're enjoying the snugglie warm car-seat blanket thingy (I don't know what it's called either)...we LOVED it last year!

The Clark's said...

I love Audrey Hepburn as well, especially in Breakfast at Tiffanys. I just watch a lesser known one called 'How to Win a Million Dollars' or something it was good. (Gus hated it. hehe)
Good luck with the marathon :)

Halsey said...

I loved this post. I am so tempted to run a half-marathon. Only...I am scared that it will be too hard for me and that it may ruin my knees. Is that pathetic or what? Haha oh well. Love the new family pic on the top of the blog. Can Chris take our pictures sometime? Seriously... :)

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

bita! This is kelli biddulph! I found your blog through arianne's and i totally had fun reading your recent posts- you have an adorable family. Can i invite you to my blog? email me if yes: kellikellijean@hotmail.com
good luck on that marathon! my husband is going to run the teton dam this year so maybe i'll see you there that would be awesome!

Rebecca Rose said...

Fun post. I love hearing/reading a bit of randomness.
Also, I love the little blurbs along the side, they're very funny, the graham cracker one really got me. Such a funny boy.