Monday, June 14, 2010

Teton Dam Half Marathon

June 12, 2010
Finishing Time: 2:08:38


I've been training to run this race for the last 10 weeks and despite extreme nerves it turned out to be a really great experience! I tried to convince myself that I would be happy if I just finished, but I was hoping deep down to finish in under 2 1/2 hours. And even DEEPER down I was hoping to run it at a ten minute mile pace which would have put me finishing in 2 hours 11 minutes. However, since the course is very hilly and I hadn't trained a whole lot of hills, I was trying not to get my hopes up.

However, the hills didn't turn out to be that bad, and since I had really tried to hold back for the first couple of miles it was fun to pass a bunch of people later on. I did have a bad case of the nerves right before I started and suddenly felt the need to use the rest room. However, I didn't have time, so I ended up stopping to go around the 7 mile point. Luckily there was only one person in front of me, so it wasn't very long. And even then, I still beat my goal time!

I was really glad to run into a girl that I knew just before it started because I was so nervous, and there all by myself and it was fun to get to run the first part of the race with her, and also to see some other people that I knew. And I was VERY glad to see my darling husband, my kids, and my dad there to cheer me on at the finish!

Next stop: Top of Utah Marathon (maybe...) ha ha!!

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Way to go Bita! You are amazing!! I love all you "wedding" pictures in the post below. What a fun idea!

Hill Family said...

That is amazing!! GO super mommy:)

Haylee said...

You're amazing. Just in case you didn't already know that. I've been thinking a 5k would be fun, but I haven't wrapped my head around a half marathon yet. One day I hope I get the gumption to do that.

Gurr Family said...

Congrats! I was leaving Saturday morning and couldn't get on to the main street because of all these runners. We had to back up and take the long way. You were one of them....Anyways random story.....
that is awesome that you are doing that.
PS tell Chris that we are enjoying rootbeer floats right at this moment. :)
miss you guys!

beadify said...

Congrat to you! You did awesome. It was great to run with you for 2 miles...ha,ha ! :) Hey, your friend Krystal is married to my buddy from high school, Collin Hunter, I think. We made our blog private and I don't have your email. If you want an invite, let me know: cami_lyn@hotmail.com

Halsey said...

You are amazing! Running half-marathons, still fitting in your wedding dress, you can do all sorts of things...with two kids! Maybe one day I'll grow up and be like you, haha...