Monday, June 14, 2010

Two Kids Later...

And we finally decided to Tie the Knot!






Just Kidding.







But we did get some wedding pictures taken.





Random, I know.



It's like this...

Our friends from our old ward the Rognons (check them out!) were looking to try some new ideas with their wedding photography, and we thought that since we really didn't love the pictures that we had from our actual wedding (which happened before the 2 kids, just for the record), and because it's fun to dress up and get your picture taken every once in a while...well, why not?

So I pulled my wedding dress (which I hadn't seen since the day of our wedding) out of storage, washed it and pressed it, and Mary hooked Chris up with a tux (complete with a huge hole in the shin) from the ballroom costume closet.

Seeing my wedding dress again seemed to trigger some kind of anxiety attack linked to my actual wedding (not the getting married to Chris part, just the stress of the whole event) and I almost canceled the whole thing, but after a sketchy nights sleep I decided to go through with it anyway. Getting ready that afternoon was pretty crazy (the 2 kids thing really throws in a twist!) and we wondered what we had gotten ourselves into. But finally we dropped the kids off with Chris's mom, drove to the temple...

And we had a TON of fun!!















I think the best part was when the High Priest Group Leader from our ward and his wife walked up to go to the temple and saw us. They must have been so confused!

Thanks Rognons! If only we had had you to begin with!

9 comments:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

How much fun! I love your wedding dress and Impressed it still fits you after two babies! That is a sweet idea-- kind of like you got to "renew your vows". Way fun.

Haylee said...

I want to go take new wedding pictures!!...Wait, scratch that. I just want to fit into my dress again! :)

Anonymous said...

Time to replace your unwanted wedding pictures from four years ago!! Those were beautiful. I love the Rognon's work...it's fun to see what ideas they have on their blog. You look amazing and your eyes are piercing. Beautiful!

Aubrey said...

how fun! I have always wanted to do our wedding day all over again, and I think this idea is the closest you could come to it. And you look amazing! I'm not sure I could fit into my dress again, so props to you! BEAUTIFUL!

Cutler Family said...

Thanks guys! The funny thing is that this time around my wedding dress actually fit me better. Not because I'm smaller, but because I'm bigger! Ha ha.

I ended up getting sick a couple of weeks before our wedding and because of that combined with the stress of finals etc., I ended up loosing more than 10 pounds just before we got married.

So instead of being too tight my wedding dress was kind of loose and floppy. I felt a little like the saggy baggy elephant :). Plus I was just plain too thin and that never looks good. I felt much prettier in it this time around!

Gurr Family said...

I am a little jealous that your dress fits you still. I am afraid to try mine on. You two are a gorgeous couple.

Rebecca Rose said...

LOVE the pictures. Normally engagement and wedding pictures tend to look a bit awkward but having been married for a few years together, you guys look so comfortable with each other in the pictures which makes them look that much better. Great idea!

Bita, you're GORGEOUS!! You get prettier and prettier as you get older.

Hill Family said...

You guys are so beautiful! I wish I still looked like I did when I got married. Ho fun!!

Halsey said...

What a good lookin couple! I think you look more in love than ever before, probably because of the two kids, haha. You are gorgeous!