Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tag

It seems like whenever I have quite a few ideas for blog updates that's when I get the most overwhelmed with blogging. I have this problem with lots of things-projects, cooking, etc. Anything where I feel like I have more ideas than I have time. But I decided that one blog post I definitely could do right now was this one.

I was tagged by Becca

The rules:
Link the person who tagged you
Mention rules on your blog
Tell about 6 quirks of yours
Tag 6 fellow bloggers
Leave a comment to let them know

I don't really think I'm a quirky person, but I'll do my best to come up with some.=)

1-I am a RECIPE FOLLOWER: This is Chris and my term for my obsession with following directions. It starts with recipes, where I like to read the whole thing and put in the exact amounts-etc. One struggle with this is I have trouble cooking without a recipe, but since Chris is the exact opposite, I am coming out of my shell slowly. More than just cooking though, this obsession extends to anything else where there are directions involved. I am the kind of person who likes to follow them to the T. Maybe this is why I was always able to do well in school :).

2-SMALL AMOUNTS: This quirk extends from #1 somewhat, and also has to do with my not liking to waste food. I have a tendency to put very small amounts of things back in the fridge when actually it would be fine to either use them in what I am cooking, or throw them away since they won't really do me any good for anything else. Chris never lets me hear the end of the time I put a very small amount of coconut back in the fridge because it was more than the amount called for in the cookie recipe. :) Silly, I know.

3-HISTORY BUFF: I guess this isn't a current quirk, but I'm struggling to come up with things so it will have to do. When I was younger I went through stages where I was obsessed with different aspects of history and would read everything I could find on the subject. For instance, I went through a Egypt and mummies phase, a Titanic phase, a King Arthur phase, a French Revolution phase, an Industrial Age America phase etc. I also had a 4th grade history textbook that was my favorite thing to read for quite a while. It's funny, my love for history hasn't dwindled, but I have to admit that reading college history texts isn't nearly as fun as reading stories about the French Revolution.

4-ONE SITTING: I guess this has to do with my preface to the post. I like to be able to complete things in one sitting. Hence the reason I easily get overwhelmed when there are things I really want to do, but are longer projects. I have trouble with the idea that I am going to have to interrupt what I am working on to take care of William, or that I am going to have to leave my project out (being messy)for a couple of days before I will be able to finish it. I really hate that I have this trait because lots of times it stops me from growing and developing and learning new things. Hence the reason that I am really trying and I think slowly overcoming it.

5-CLEAN HOUSE: I always feel like my house has to be completely clean before I can do anything else, such as visit with friends, go to the store, exercise, work on projects, cook a meal, or basically just anything. I know that this is completely irrational and impossible, considering the two boys I live with :) but it is part of me none the less.
Note: I have organized my house much better the last little while and it is now much easier for me to pick up the house in a short amount of time, thus leaving my conscience clear for whatever else I want to do.

6- DRIVING WITH CHRIS: This quirk actually stems from the fact that I have an OCD husband. I always go to pieces on the rare occasions when I am driving and he is the passenger. For some reason (actually-because he is a very critical OCD driver) he makes me extremely nervous when I am driving and I always do something stupid that I would never do when driving by myself. Then he makes me laugh like crazy about whatever it was and the situation gets worse and worse. Luckily he really doesn't mind letting me drive and I don't really mind driving with him, we just always have something to laugh over afterward. But usually, I am content to just let him drive.

I tag: Ashley, Kelsey, Haylee, Mara, Aubrey, Steve

4 comments:

Rebecca Rose said...

Very fun! I especially thought the "Small Amounts" one was funny! The
"One Sitting" made me think of Daniel, he's very similar.
Anyway, I had fun reading your quirks. :-)

Katherine said...

I have to second the OCD driver thing. I HATE driving with Chris. Bless his sweet heart.

Cutler Family said...

Katherine, I would have to say that both of us have improved considerably! You with driving and me with talking! ;P

The Clark's said...

Hey, I really enjoyed this post and so I tried to do it! Your little boy is so adorable! Congrats on one year