Sunday, November 4, 2012

Today...

Today I am very grateful for my calling in the Primary.  I recently got called to be in the Primary presidency in our ward, and I'll admit, was a little wistful about it as I really quite enjoy going to Relief Society. Today, though, as we practiced for the Primary program that is next week, I really felt a sense of joy in being able to work with these kids.  Two of the kids bore their testimonies in Sacrament Meeting today and it was so neat to hear the wisdom coming from these young children.  It really made me realize that kids understand and internalize much more than I tend to give them credit for sometimes. I know that this calling will stretch me and make me do things I'm not generally comfortable doing, but I also know that I will be greatly enriched by association with the children in our ward if I can look past the craziness and see the joy like I was able to today.

No comments: