Thursday, November 1, 2012

Month of Gratitude: Day 1

Today I am really really grateful that William's preschool got changed to tomorrow instead of today due to a conflict of the mom who was in charge of teaching this week.  After all of the hullabaloo of Halloween it was so nice to not have to worry about getting us all up and ready in time for William to be at preschool!  In fact, I laid in bed until 9:00.  It was wonderful!

Speaking of preschool, I've been wanting to put up some pictures from when I taught last.  I had a great time with the kids, even if it is a little crazy with so many with widely varying attention spans, plus a baby!

Gluing yarn into letter B and b

They had fun making a band (letter B again)

Puzzle Station

Sorting beans by number station

Pouring Station

Picking up yarn with a clothespin station (fine motor skills and pencil holding)

Pouring again.  The kids ALL loved this even though I had planned it more for the younger ones.

Gluing shapes station

Stringing beads station.  Cute C was so good at this! She did it for a long time!
Number peg puzzle station
The stations that I did the second day of the week were actually a huge hit with the kids.  They all wanted to try all of them out even though I had geared some to the younger and some to the older kids, and they didn't want to stop when I said it was time to go on to something else.  They each had one or two that they really gravitated to and wanted to do for a long time.  All except Isaac that is. He kept flitting from activity to activity constantly wanting to try out another one.  I couldn't decide if it was an attention span issue, or just that he was so excited to have all of these kids over at his house.  Probably a combination actually.

1 comment:

Danielle Bateman said...

You are amazing lady! Cute ideas :)