Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Day of Rest

Chris was supposed to work today from 3pm-11pm.  Because of the nature of his job for the hospital he has to work two Sunday's a month, but has been able to mostly schedule afternoon shifts so he can still attend church with us, which has been really nice.

Still, it is always a bummer knowing that as soon as we get home from church Chris will have to hurry and eat, and then run off to work.  So today it was a wonderful surprise when we got home from church and Chris had a message saying that they didn't have enough patients for him to have to come in for his shift.  Yay!

And then we proceeded to have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday afternoon and evening.  The older boys actually played quietly and listened to an audio book while the Baby slept, and I got to snuggle with Chris and even take a little nap.  

It still seems like such a luxury to have Chris all to myself two days in a row.  Like being rich!

1 comment:

The Yuan Fam said...

Hey Bita!! I came across your blog on Michelle Rognon's blog and thought I'd take a peek. How are you?! Arthur's job schedule just changed to the hours you mentioned Chris had the Sunday you posted this. How is that going for you? I'm a little anxious on how the kids' dynamic will change. I hope you're well!! I'm gonna go find you on fb now :-)