Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"Night Night"

Tonight I was trying to finish up the dishes and I could tell Elijah was tired.  I had changed his diaper and put his pajamas on, and he had found a pacifier (which I usually only let him have in his bed) and he kept doing things like laying down on the floor.  He finally got cranky enough that I stopped doing the dishes even though I was almost done, and picked him up and he immediately said, "night night".  Ha! It was very obvious that he was ready to go to bed.  I don't think I've ever had one of my kids tell me they wanted to go to bed before, although Isaac did used to fall asleep in his high chair.  It was kind of a stressful point in my day but I did have to laugh and appreciate that one little thing.

On a somewhat unrelated note, we finally cut Elijah's hair.  Yesterday the mullet he has been developing just got too much for me and I decided to take the clippers to it.  He is such a wiggly boy it was hard to get it all even. Chris tried to clip around his ears with scissors and it is definitely not the smoothest job since he kept trying to turn his head, but at least the mullet is gone. I really loved his longer hair and I am trying to get used to it short but I still think he's pretty darn cute. Here's a picture with his new 'do:

Eating his first oreo while I made oreo pie crust.  He devoured it and asked for more and wasn't very happy when I told him no. 

No comments: