Sunday, November 10, 2013

Primary Program

We had our primary program today and I am grateful that it went really well, and am also grateful that it is over :).  Because I am in the primary presidency I was in charge of the program this year so I definitely sighed a breath of relief after church today!

But really, it went very well.  We have a small primary (30 kids) and for the last several years they haven't even attempted to have the kids sing without someone holding up the words of the songs for them to see.  This year they did it all without any flip charts or pictures! One lady told me that she was sure there must have been angels singing with the kids because it was such a full sound for so few kids.  I am sure there were!

Another older gentleman in our ward told my dad that it was the best primary program he has ever seen.  He also commented that he very much enjoyed watching Isaac's antics (a comment I heard several times afterward).  Apparently Isaac was quite amusing to watch.  I wasn't watching him much because I was busy helping the kids at the microphone, but every once in a while during the songs I would hear him suddenly yell out the song at the top of his lungs.  He got super shy for his first part and wouldn't say it, but his second one he spoke right up into the microphone.  Crazy kid! You never know what to expect from him.

I "wrote" the program, but really provided prompts and had most of the kids write their own parts.  One of my favorite lines was a 4 year old who said, "Prophets teach me to live the Word of Wisdom.  Obeying the Word of Wisdom means that we don't smoke or drink coffee, but we can eat lettuce."Ha ha! Isn't that the truth? We can always eat lettuce.

Several people said they also enjoyed William's part where he said "I am William.  I am a fly fisherman, but most importantly I am a child of God."  Apparently hearing "I am a fly fisherman" come out of a (small) six year old's mouth is quite amusing. 

William had his 2 parts memorized this morning and he said the first one about being a fly fisherman just fine, but when it got to the second one he had to go to the bathroom really bad.  So his teacher prompted him the words since he couldn't concentrate on it, and then he jetted out to go to the bathroom. 

We had a brother (7) and sister (5) come and participate in our program who have only recently started attending church.  It was really wonderful to see their shining faces and hear their simple words of testimony.

I love hearing the basic truths of the gospel shared by the children in our church.  It is such a blessing to be in the primary.  These kids strengthen my testimony and teach me every week. 

No comments: