Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Students

Today I taught 7 of my 13 students with 5 of them all in a row because I am going out of town tomorrow morning and had to shuffle things around a bit.  Five in a row is a lot for my kids to handle and even lot for me as I start to feel brain fatigue, but today was really not bad.  Luckily I have an awesome student who trades her lessons for taking care of the kids while I am teaching other students.  I don't know what I would do without her! In the last 6 months I have almost doubled the amount of students I had and it has been largely due to this girl that I have been able to do it. 

I really do enjoy teaching and even though it can be stressful and exhausting sometimes, it is also really rewarding.  Today one of my violin students played a song entirely in tune with relatively good hand position which is something we have been working on pretty much exclusively since she started with me at the beginning of the school year. I can't even express how pleased and proud that made me!

And another one of my students who is really talented but also has a really hard time focusing and not playing sloppily had a good lesson where he concentrated on what I was asking him to do and showed a lot of improvement.


I was also able to work with one of my students on the new practicing system and I know she is the type to do what I ask her to do so I really hope she has good success with it.  She is going to be kind of my guinea pig and so I'm excited to see where that goes. 

This picture is really blurry which is super irritating, (I didn't properly explain how to use my camera before I handed it to my dad...my bad!) but I wanted to put it up anyway.  My students were all so cute and did such a good job when we had our Halloween recital in October, and I am grateful for the opportunity to teach them and to continually try to improve as a teacher.


No comments: