Saturday, November 16, 2013

A new day with no mistakes

Today was sort of one-of-those-days.  Not that my kids were extra naughty or anything really bad happened (other than slamming my finger in the door-ouch!), I just wasn't feeling it today you know? And although I'm pretty ready for today to be over (but at the same time dreading tomorrow which consists of me taking the kids to stake conference by myself) there are a few things that I did enjoy about today.

1-I spent some time coloring with Isaac.  He is such a funny kid and can drive me up the wall sometimes, but his imagination and ideas are endless and it is so fun when I get a chance to just sit down and enjoy some time with him.  He is always the director, whether we are playing blocks or coloring or whatever, he tells exactly how it is all supposed to be done. And I am happy to be his assistant and do whatever he tells me to do.  I figure he gets bossed around enough I better let him have a chance to be the boss when I can.

2-Isaac got sent to bed a little before William, and I put Elijah down at the same time, which left me time to read to William all by himself which is rare.  It was nice to just snuggle with him and read, even though after a little while Elijah started screaming in the background.  I really love how much William loves books.  He is really getting the hang of reading himself now and is trying to read just about everything, so I'm sure it won't be long before he is reading books to himself.  I hope he'll continue to like having me read to him though.

3-Elijah head banging.  Hilarious.

4-I was asked to play the violin at a funeral for a gentleman in our ward this morning.  It was really nice to be asked and I felt honored to be a part of it. I also love it when I have an excuse and a chance to practice.

5-When I'm having an off day I can take comfort in the words of Anne Shirley.  "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes [or grumpiness] in it."

BTW I cannot believe I have written 16 days in a row.  Miracles never cease. 

No comments: